According to the latest statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were over 33,200 deadly motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2019. In these crashes, more than 36,000 people lost their lives.
Just like any state in the U.S., Maryland is not immune to the tragedy of fatal motor vehicle accidents. Here are the 2019 NHTSA statistics for our state:
- 484 total fatal crashes that year
- 521 deaths
- 6 deaths per 100,000 people
- 37 percent of those killed were car occupants
- 19 percent were pickup and SUV occupants
- 14 percent were motorcyclists
- 24 percent were pedestrians
- 2 percent were bicyclists
Did you know that more than 90 percent of all motor vehicle accidents are caused by human error? Many accidents are preventable. When a loved one’s death is caused by a careless and negligent driver, you have every right to pursue wrongful death compensation in a claim handled by experienced attorney Patrick Troxler. If the crash and death was the result of someone else’s carelessness, then you may be able to pursue the following compensatory damages:
- Medical expenses related to the crash injuries
- Funeral and burial costs
- Pain and suffering before death
- Loss of deceased loved one’s financial contributions
- Loss of deceased loved one’s guidance, care, and companionship
The key in most of these cases is to demonstrate how a motorist’s negligence led to the fatal accident. Examples of negligence when it comes to driving include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Swerving in and out of lanes
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Falling asleep at the wheel
Mr. Troxler is an experienced accident lawyer who can relentlessly investigate your case and fight tirelessly on your behalf.
If you lost a loved one in a crash caused by someone else’s negligence, then you deserve full and fair compensation. Experienced Waldorf accident attorney Patrick Troxler is here to stand at your side and fight for what is in your best interest. For a complimentary case review, please call Mr. Troxler at 240-903-0119.